Assistance League®of Greater Portland
We are one of 120 Assistance League chapters across the nation, each one developing philanthropic programs to meet the needs in the local community.
Assistance League of Greater Portland has been serving the greater Portland area since 1961.
Our local community service programs benefit children and victims of violence. We offer a scholarship for students pursuing a trade school education.
We fund these programs by operating Assistance League Thrift and Consignment Shops, through grants, special events and donations.
We are a nonprofit 501(c)(3) community service organization. Our all volunteer membership is nonsectarian and nonpolitical. Our tax ID number is 93-6032769.
Annually, Assistance League returns over $38.8 million to local communities, assisting 1.5 million people. The 23,000 member volunteers in 120 chapters who contribute 3.2 million service hours make this possible.
Operation School Bell®, our signature national program, serves over 300,000 children each year. Since 1958, more than 4 million children have been assisted.
Assistance League of Greater Portland is a chapter of a national nonprofit organization that puts caring and commitment in action through community based philanthropic programs.
To be a locally recognized leader empowering member-volunteers to meet the changing need in our community.
Board of Directors
- President, Janet Murray
- President Elect, Jamie Marucha
- Vice President Membership, Janice Cushman
- Vice President Philanthropic Programs, Patty Funes
- Vice President Retail Sales, Carol Bergseng
- Vice President Building Management, Laurel Regan
- Vice President Fund Raising, Robbie O’Brien
- Vice President Finance, Bonney Whiting
- Vice President Strategic Planning, Bonnie Snow
- Vice President Marketing Communications, Nancy Fahey
- Secretary, Jennie Barnitz
- Treasurer, Rosanne Keller
- Tom Davis, Davis Galm Law Firm
- Les Fahey, Financial Consultant
- Elizabeth Graser, Hillsboro School District, Communications Director
- Jaann Hoisington, Koeber’s Interiors, Owner
- Pat LeFebvre, Engineer, retired
- Shauna Parsons, KPTV News
- Jan Regnier, Councilmember Emeritus
- Audra Scott, Beaverton School District