Consignment Shop Guidelines
- Consignment is by appointment only. General item appointments are scheduled for 45 minutes; jewelry appointments are scheduled for 60 minutes.
- Only 12 general items may be brought per appointment. Sets are considered one item.
- Jewelry consignors do not have an item limit.
- Please come prepared knowing your items’ value – we are not appraisers.
- Items must have a minimum sale value of $25.
- Sales split is 60% to the consignor, 40% to Assistance League of Greater Portland.
- Payment for items sold in a given month are issued after the financials for the month are closed.
- Consignment is done with a contract, which you review, approve and sign. You are provided with a copy.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, please give us at least 24 hours notice so that we are able to fill your spot.
- Furniture, rugs, and china sets are reviewed via email and photos which upon review are either accepted or rejected. This is done prior to setting up an appointment. A description and photos are to be sent to email@example.com. Additional information should include your contact information, i.e. name, email, and phone number(s) where you can be reached. We will contact you as soon as possible with any questions and to set up an appointment if we are interested in your item(s).
Delivery of Items:
We do not pick up items nor help to load/unload heavy items; nor do we pay for such services. You as the consignor, must make arrangements for pickup and drop-off to the Consignment Shop.
Statement of Liability:
Assistance League of Greater Portland assumes no liability for loss or damage by fire, theft, breakage, accident, or any other cause, to consigned merchandise, or to merchandise left for review.