Assistance League Thrift Shop
Assistance League of Greater Portland Shop Update
We are now accepting shop donations on Tuesdays, from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM. If Tuesdays don’t work for you, please contact us by sending us email, (click here) to schedule an appointment. Donations we are accepting include Fall/Winter women’s and men’s clothing, home décor, and holiday and craft items.
We are now open for business on Saturday's through the end of October, beginning this Saturday, September 26. Our hours will be 12:00 Noon - 4:00 PM.
Our Consignment Shop is now taking appointments. The jewelry, elegant extras, home decor, china, and furniture teams are ready to accept your items for consignment. All art is now a donation. Please email, (click here) or call our main number, and dial extension 1 to schedule an appointment.
Our re-opening and the accepting of donations continues to be gradual to ensure we are doing as much as we can to keep you, our customers and our members safe. Your patience and understanding is appreciated.
Be the first to know about new arrivals, sales and events.
Thrift Shop Policy & FAQ
What items do you accept?
We accept items in saleable condition:
- Men’s and women’s clothing
- Shoes, purses, jewelry and accessories
- Household items: dishes, utensils, pots, pans and small electrical items in working condition
- Linens: sheets, cases, bedspreads, tablecloths, napkins and towels
- Furniture, lamps and home decor
- Books, DVD’s and CD’s
What type of items do you NOT accept?
We cannot accept the following:
- Worn out clothing (if you won’t wear it, neither will our customers)
- Children’s clothing
- Electronics: computers, phones, video, TVs and stereos
- Sports and exercise equipment
- Mattresses and box springs, pillows
When can I drop off items?
Donations are accepted and appreciated for resale at the Thrift Shop between the hours of 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Tuesday – Saturday.
A tax-deductible receipt will be provided.
- We accept only credit/debit cards and cash
- We have a “NO RETURN” policy on all items purchased
- “No tag, No sale”- a tag must be attached to all items
Your donations and purchases help support children, students and victims of violence in the local community. Ask our friendly volunteers to tell you more.
Shop with us
Need a gift or something for your own home? Check out our beautiful selection of home decor. Don’t forget to take a peek into our Bargain Room!